Monday, April 23, 2012

Third Planet

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth, if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were" -Isaac Brock (of Modest Mouse fame)

This classic quote from Third Planet, by Modest Mouse, seems relevant for today's final posting. As one could see from scrolling through my posts, I have obviously exhausted what amount of creative writing skill I ever possessed, and I am now rambling on about random websites that I have been to. What was originally a place to find out about interesting blogs has now become a barren wasteland of entries stretching from a wind map to Google Docs.

I figured the only feasible way to end this blog-de-cool-blogs is just how I started it. Hipster Dads. Dads Are The Original Hipsters  is still the greatest place on the internet, and will stay that way... forever. 


Your dad played in a band nobody had heard of before you did and they were so indie that even you don’t know who they are. Have you ever heard of the genre house-clash slam-punk fist-rock? Probably not, and your dad’s band invented it. They sounded like an amplified boxing match inside of a stampede. He was the ring leader of noise that gave sonic bitch slaps to eardrums and brought the ruckus so hard buildings were condemned when they left. 
So hipsters, next time you’re finger-raping the guitar neck in an attempt to sound like the Portland backwoods while dreaming of never making it big so that you never have to explain why you sold out, remember this… 
Your dad could actually play an instrument, and maybe if you gave him a call, he could teach you a chord or two that might get you laid by something other than your hand. 


Thanks for having me in your class and have a great summer! P.S. I'm not sure how the font and background color got so screwed up, but after unsuccessfully attempting to fix it, I am left with this red and white font. I blame the new Blogger interface.


No comments:

Post a Comment